available in 100 gram (pouch), 1.5 kg and 4.5 kg packs
Shopping in our online shop is possible with code issued by your veterinarian
In 30% of cats over 15 years old chronic renal failure occurs. Chronic renal failure means that the kidneys are irreparably damaged. SANIMED Renal helps delay chronic renal failure of your cat.
Indications for use
- Chronic renal failure
- Oxalate deposits
- Deposits of urate
- Cystine urolithiasis
- helps prevent the loss of renal corpuscles, thanks to a relatively low phosphorus content
- supports the filtration function of the kidneys by means of its high salmon oil content
- helps reduce the amount of urea in the blood through its low protein content
- prevents high blood pressure, thanks to its low sodium content
- prevents weight loss through its tastiness
- helps reduce the formation of calcium oxalate, thanks to its low calcium content and higher acidity
SANIMED Renal is available as a complete dry food as well as wet food in a pouch. Both nutritions effectively have the same composition and are fully interchangeable.
Prevention of struvite and oxalate
Chronic kidney insuffciency is often associated with reduced secretion of acids that are formed in metabolism. To prevent a possible metabolic acidosis SANIMED Renal induces neutral urine pH. The risk of struvite urolithiasis will not increase, however, because the food is low in phosphorus, magnesium and protein. To reduce the risk of calcium oxalate urolithiasis SANIMED Renal is low in calcium and glycine (which form the substrate for the synthesis of oxalate). A suitable kidney diet can only inhibit the loss of nephrons and prolong survival time after diagnosis.
Make sure your cat has easy access to fresh and clean drinking water. The daily amount of food should be divided over two or more meals per day. Follow the feeding schedule and adapt the feeding schedule if necessary to maintain the body weight of your cat.
rice, wheat, fish oil (salmon oil), corn gluten, extract of animal protein, corn, barley, animal fat (poultry), potato protein, potato starch, dehydrated poultry, dried beet pulp, minerals, dehydrated lamb, yeast, hydrolysed chicken liver, vegetable fat, dehydrated haemoglobin, cellulose, corn oil