available in 3 kg and 12.5 kg
Shopping in our online shop is possible with code issued by your veterinarian
SANIMED Renal is a complete dietetic food for adult dogs, designed to support renal function in case of chronic renal insufficiency, support liver function in case of chronic liver insufficiency and to reduce urate, oxalate and cystine stones formation.
Indications for use
- Chronic renal failure
- Functional liver failure, with the exception of bile stasis and copper accumulation
- Urat accumulation
- Accumulation of oxalates
- Does your dog suffer from chronic kidney failure, liver failure or small bladder stones? SANIMED Renal helps slow down chronic kidney or liver failure of your dog and prevents bladder stones.
- inhibits kidney failure, thanks to its low content of available phosphorus
- reduces the formation of calcium oxalate thanks to its low calcium content
- reduces the risk of bladder stones formation (type cystine/urate/oxalate) thanks toits low content and good digestibility of protein
- formulated acidity of the urine
- prevents high blood pressure and fluid retention by means of its low salt content
- promotes the kidneys’ filter effect through its enrichment with salmon oil
- protects kidney and liver cells against damage thanks to its increased vitamin E content
- reduces the accumulation of harmful waste products (ammonia, urea) in the blood because of its low protein content
- stimulates appetite and helps to prevent weight loss by being exceptionally tasty
Accumulation of urate, oxalate and cystine
SANIMED Renal is suitable for dogs who need to prevent the accumulation of urate, oxalate and cystine. Prophylaxis of urolithiasis by observing a special diet is aimed at reducing the concentration of the components of the formation of stones in the urine and monitoring the pH of urine urine – it should be at a level that makes it impossible to form stones. SANIMED Renal meets all these requirements
Chronic Renal Failure
At the heart of dietary nutrition of dogs with chronic renal insufficiency lies the combination of reduced consumption of phosphorus and protein with an increase in the intake of omega-3 fatty eicosapentaenoic acid. Among the characteristics of SANIMED Renal – low sodium content, excess of positive bases and high content of vitamin E. Due to the high content of positive bases, SANIMED Renal is an excellent prophylaxis of acidosis.
Functional liver failure
The main goal of dietary nutrition with functional liver failure is the prevention of the development of hepatic encephalopathy. Accumulation of ammonia due to a decrease in the rate of its transformation into urea is the main cause of the development of hepatic encephalopathy. Ammonia deposits can be reduced by reducing the breakdown of protein in the liver, and also by absorption of ammonia by the walls of the intestine.
The nutrition plan below is an indication of the amount of food to be given. Nutrition plans are based on averages. For this reason always pay close attention to condition your dog and adapt the amount of food accordingly.
barley, corn, rice, animal fat (poultry), dehydrated poultry, dried beet pulp, fish oil (salmon oil), whole egg powder, vegetable fat, yeast, hydrolysed chicken liver, minerals